The Pritchard lab (08/2009). From left to right: Jean-Baptiste, Katelyn, Jack, Everlyne, Jonathan, Daniel, Mike, Jordana, Roger, and Joe; Ying absent.
- Graham McVicker [May 2010-- ]
- Anil Raj [September 2011-- ]
- Stoyan Georgiev [September 2011-- ]
- Shyam Gopalakrishnan [September 2011-- ; joint with A Palmer]
- Zia Khan [September 2011-- ; joint with Y Gilad]
- Allegra Petti [February 2012-- ; (res. asst. prof.), joint with Y Gilad]
- Yair Field [September 2012-- ]
- Xun Lan [September 2012-- ]
Lab Technicians (based in Yoav Gilad's lab)
- Bryce van de Geijn [September 2011-- ]
- Paul Grabowski [November 2011-- ; joint with J Borevitz]
- Carolyn Jumper [September 2012-- ]
- Michael Turchin [September 2012-- ; joint with M Stephens]
Undergrads, graduate rotations, etc:
- Katelyn Michelini [May 2009-- ]
- Marsha Myrthil [August 2010-- ]
- Samantha Thomas (MSTP rotation; winter 2013)
- Bryan Pavlovic (grad student rotation; winter 2013)
Former Lab Members
[February 2008--November 2009]
Now Wellcome Trust Fellow, University of Oxford.
Pritchard lab photo (10/2005)
[November 2006--October 2007/Consultant until 2011] Now Group Leader at
Jeff Wall [July 2002 - June 2003]
Now Associate Professor, University of California, San Francisco
- Giovanni Montana
[April 2002 -- March 2004] Now Senior Lecture (equivalent of associate professor), Imperial College London
- Sebastian Zollner [December 2001--July 2005]
Now Associate Professor, University of Michigan
Coop [November 2004--August 2008] Now Assistant Professor,
University of California, Davis
- Jean-Baptiste Veyrieras
Ying Wang [March 2009--May 2011] Now junior faculty at Beijing Institute of Genomics.
Páll Melsted [October 2009--July 2011] Now assistant professor University of Iceland.
Daniel Gaffney [September 2008--July 2011]
Now junior group leader at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute.
Roger Pique-Regi [March 2009--August 2012] Now assistant professor at Wayne State University.
- William Wen [November 2001 -- September 2007].
William played a key role in many of the lab's projects over a
6-year span. He developed the popular user interface for the
structure software package. Went on to a Ph.D
Statistics with Matthew Stephens; now assistant professor at the
University of Michigan (start 9/2011).
- Mike Trienis [September 2008 -- September 2009].
[Autumn 2002 -- Spring 2006; joint with N. Cox, PhD in
Human Genetics]. Went on to a postdoc with David Altshuler/Mark Daly,
Broad Institute. Thesis:
Approaching human genetics from a population based paradigm. Awarded
"best thesis in Biological Sciences Division" (2006). Now assistant
professor at the University of Pennsylvania (start 9/2011)
Dan Davison [January 2005 -- August 2006; joint with
S. Hackett; PhD from Committee on Evolutionary Biology]. Went on to
a postdoc with Peter Donnelly, University of Oxford. Thesis on
statistical inference of population structure and history based on
- Don Conrad
[Spring 2003 -- Summer 2007; PhD in Human Genetics] Went on to a postdoc with
Matthew Hurles, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute; moving to faculty
position at Wash. U. Thesis: Measurement and analysis of copy
number variation in the human genome. Now assistant professor at Washington
University of St. Louis.
- Su Yeon Kim
[September 2004 -- March 2008; joint with P. McCullagh, PhD in
Statistics] Now a postdoc with Terry Speed, Berkeley. Thesis:
Evolution of conserved noncoding elements in mammals.
- Sridhar Kudaravalli [September 2004 -- August 2008] Thesis:
Recent positive selection in the human genome. Returned to India to
work in family business.
- Joe Pickrell
[September 2007-- September 2011]. Thesis on population genetics and
human expression. Now a postdoc in David Reich's lab, Harvard Med
- Jack Degner [September 2008-- August 2012]. Thesis on genetic variation and gene regulation. Now a postdoc with Eileen Furlong, EMBL
- Melissa Hubisz [September 2006--2008; Master's degree in human genetics]
Now working with Adam Siepel at Cornell.
- Andy Dahl [May 2011-- June 2012; BS and MS in Statistics] Now doing a DPhil at Oxford.
- Everlyne Nkadori [September 2008--June 2010; now in Medical school, U Wisconsin]
- Sherryl De Leon [January 2010--August 2010; now in Master's Program, Boston University]
- Bryan Pavlovic [July 2010--August 2012; now in PhD program, UChicago]
- Noah Lewellen [August 2010--August 2012; law school?]
- Sarah Hansoul [visiting postdoc from University of Liège, Belgium, spring 2006]
- Laura Scott [Visiting faculty from U. Michigan, January -- June 2010]
Ben Voight [grad student rotation, summer 2002]
Don Conrad [grad student rotation, winter 2003]
Sridhar Kudaravalli [grad student rotation, summer 2004]
Melissa Hubisz [grad student rotation, summer 2006]
Joe Pickrell [grad student rotation, summer 2007]
Jack Degner [grad student rotation, summer 2008]
Wynn Meyer [grad student rotation, summer 2008]
- Imge Hulur [grad student rotation, winter 2010]
- Bryce van der Geijn [grad student rotation, summer 2010]
- John Blischak [grad student rotation, summer 2011]
- David Pritchard [visiting Statistics student, summer 2011]
- Nick Banovich [grad student rotation, summer 2012]
- Carolyn Jumper [grad student rotation, summer 2012]
- Michael Turchin [grad student rotation, summer 2012]
- Sarah Urbut [med student project, summer 2012]